Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

RZA announces new album ‘RZA vs Bobby Digital’ and shares new single

RZA

RZA has announced full details of a new album and shared its latest track – listen to ‘Saturday Afternoon Kung Fu Theater’ below.

The track is the latest preview of ‘RZA vs Bobby Digital’, out on August 6 and executive produced by DJ Scratch.

The Wu-Tang Clan leader last released music under the Bobby Digital name – which sees him take on the alter-ego first presented in his 1998 debut solo album ‘Bobby Digital in Stereo’ – in 2008.

Originally teased as an album called ‘Bobby Digital: Digital Potions’ earlier this year, the album was previewed by first song ‘Pugilism’.

Listen to new track ‘Saturday Afternoon Kung Fu Theater’ below.

Discussing the new album in a statement, RZA said: “Lyrically the hip-hop part of me had a chance to re-emerge during quarantine. Giving Scratch the reins as a producer and me taking the reins as an MC, that’s what frees me up creatively and lets me play more with lyrical gags and lyrical flows because I don’t have to be focused on everything.

“He (Scratch) delivered tracks that resonated and brought me back to a sound that I felt was missing. For me it was really natural for me to flow and write to these songs.”

Elsewhere, The Prodigy recently shared a new version of their 1996 classic single ‘Breathe’, featuring vocals from RZA.

The new version (dubbed the ‘Liam H And René LaVice Re-Amp’) features production from the band’s Liam Howlett alongside Canadian producer René LaVice. It’s taken from the soundtrack to Fast and Furious 9.

The post RZA announces new album ‘RZA vs Bobby Digital’ and shares new single appeared first on NME.

Enregistrer un commentaire

0 Commentaires