Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

Dominic Cummings backs Britney Spears as she battles to end conservatorship

Dominic Cummings has seemingly backed the #FreeBritney movement, which backs the singer as she attempts to end the conservatorship that has controlled her life for over a decade.

Boris Johnson’s former lead adviser posted on Twitter as Spears‘ legal battle continues in California.

A major development emerged last week when a judge allowed Spears to choose her own lawyer, giving her a major hand in her legal battles for the first time since 2008.

Responding to the development, Cummings wrote on Twitter: “Now @britneyspearscan hire own lawyers: please Britney team write/tweet to all in Congress, all @POTUS staff, all @GavinNewsom staff, judges’ staff challenging whether *they personally* support the *shocking* conservatorship laws. They won’t & the tide will #FreeBritney RETWEET!”

Britney has now chosen prolific Hollywood attorney Matthew Rosengart, who has previously represented the likes of Steven Spielberg and Keanu Reeves.

Yesterday (July 26), Mr Rosengart filed a petition to a Los Angeles court asking for Jamie Spears to be removed as conservator of his daughter’s estate.

Late last month, Judge Brenda Penny denied a “months old” petition, filed by Britney’s previous lawyer Samuel D. Ingham, to have Jamie removed as conservator.

Britney has spoken publicly about her issues with the conservatorship on multiple occasions in recent months. In a hearing on June 23, the singer labelled the arrangement as “abusive”.

“I’ve lied and told the whole world I’m OK and I’m happy,” she said. “It’s a lie. I thought I just maybe if I said that enough. Because I’ve been in denial. I’ve been in shock. I am traumatised. You know, fake it till you make it.

“But now I’m telling you the truth, OK? I’m not happy. I can’t sleep. I’m so angry it’s insane. And I’m depressed. I cry every day.”

The post Dominic Cummings backs Britney Spears as she battles to end conservatorship appeared first on NME.

Enregistrer un commentaire

0 Commentaires